A place next to the beach with very less travellers- Travel guide to Pondicherry/Puducherry
Who should plan a trip to Pondicherry?
Have a beach Bum– The place has one of the cleanest beaches in India.
Fond of slaying in little cafes- The place has those little and cute cafes all around its streets.
Prefer uncrowded places- I hate jam-packed places that is one reason I preferred to visit Pondicherry over Goa.
Love Scuba Diving
Enjoy walking around the city
NOTE: You can plan a trip for four to five days to Pondicherry/ Puducherry.
THINGS THAT YOU SHOULD KEEP IN MIND WHILE PLANNING THE TRIP:-
1. Prefer booking a hotel or resort which is next to the beach
2. Make sure you visit the place in Winters because it’s too hot otherwise (December to February are the months that you should prefer)
3. Plan your afternoons wisely because they are pretty hot in winters too
4. Eat local food, it’s fresh and yummy.
5. Take a direct flight to Pondicherry/ Puducherry if you have less number of days. Otherwise, include Chennai in your trip too.
6. If you are fond of silk attires then you can keep a day for Chennai specifically. To know more about my Chennai Trip- Click here
THINGS TO DO AT PONDICHERRY/ PUDUCHERRY:-
1. Visit the beach next to your hotel or resort-
I was on a lazy vacation, the only thing which I did every day was to go to the beach in the evenings and read a book. Oh! That breeze, take me back. Ones on your trip go to the beach to experience the sunrise.
2. VISIT THE PARADISE BEACH
The beach is on an island. So, you need to take a ferry to drop you to the island which is easily available. I saw people were bathing at the beach, if you love doing so, you can accordingly plan your bathing sessions at the Paradise beach.
5. WALK ON THE STREETS/ VISIT FRENCH MEMORIAL
I personally gave a miss to the French memorial but one can always consider visiting it. The streets of Pondicherry are beautiful because of the yellow color which pops up everywhere.
5. VISIT THE LITTLE CAFES ACROSS THE STREETS
All these cafes have a very cool ambiance along with good cuisines.
If you happen to visit Puducherry/ Pondicherry and do any of the above-suggested activities then do share your Pictures/experience!
Share your travel pictures with us on Instagram with the hashtag #eraofdreams in your posts, or @eraofdreams in your stories.
❤ Nikita Naiyya