Foodie Capital of Punjab- Amritsar- Have Amritsari Kulcha & all the delicacies from the right places
I love to go on small vacations on long weekends and I think Amritsar is one of the places that is perfect for short and stout yet amazing weekend trip. Plan a trip to Amritsar if you are a foodie.
- Sit in the Gurudwara- Yu will feel very peaceful. People come to the place with immense hope which fills the place with positive vibes which you can actually feel.
- Eat the Langar- Its a treat for all those who love food. It’s free and yummy.
This is a place of historic importance. During the british rule in India, the indian people had called a meeting in this park and in retaliation the British soldiers open fired due to which thousands of people were killed. Why you should visit the place:-
- The place has marks of sun shots on the wall
- It has the well in which the people jumped to save their lives but ultimately died.
The park has a museum which makes you understand the story behind this historic park a bit more deeply.
It is said that the writer (Valmiki) of the Hindu holy book Ramayana wrote the text while staying at this place. He had his Ashram here and also, Sita MA with her sons Love and Kush stayed at this place. The brown coloured stone has been used to built this place, the long corridors are worth walking down. The temple has water all round and also the fountains are an add- on.
THINGS TO EAT
Kesar Da Dhaba
Desi Ghee is the state oil of Punjab. Desi ghee is not just an oil instead it is an emotion and this emotion can be easily felt at Kesar Da Dabha. The place is famous for its paranthas and Dal. Do feel the emotion as it is a lifetime experience.
Amritsari Kulcha is world famous but there is a place in Amritsar which needs to be thanked for making it so famous. The place is at Basant Avenue, Purani Chungi, Maqbool Road . The thali has Channa, Emily onions and Kulcha.
Giani Tea Stall
I lovvveddddd the Omelette and the Kachoris served at this station. And, not to forget the chai (tea). The perfect breakfast blend.
Best things about the people and the city
- Desi ghee and butter is what they live for
- Experts in the field of food– They don’t believe in putting their legs everywhere, they believe in expertise in the field of food and therefore, you will find that the Kulcha guy only serves kulcha and the Puri vala is too busy frying the puris that he has no interest in any other food type.